Is your visa is about to expire, let’s face it, in the midst of the busy schedule life it can be hard to keep track of the exact date, We don’t usually remember the date, then as the month of the approaches, it’s common to flip through the pages of passport to check the visa validity, but we don’t carry our passports with us always, do we really?
To check the visa validity you can either carry the passport with you at all the time / can learn other ways to check the United Arab Emirates (UAE) visa validity on the go. If you are wondering about how to check UAE visa status, should check out some of these online channels.
How to check UAE visa online?
The government of the UAE has an official portal to help you access visa-related services. To check your UAE residents visa validity using this method, you will need to have your passport number.
Here’s how you can check United Arab Emirates UAE residence visa status online, this is also the service you need to use it if you are searching for “Dubai visa check by passport number”.
- Visit the portal or website online:
- Select the change language and click on the English language.
- And then click on the passport information tab.
- Select the visa/ residency depending on your visa types.
- And enter your passport number and enter your passport expiry date.
- From the dropdown menu select your nationality.
- Check the captcha checkbox before click on the search tab.
The page will display your details including UAE (United Arab Emirates) visa expiry date if your provided information is correct.
Check the Dubai visa status using the GDRFA PORTAL:
GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs) is taken to deal with and respond to all UAE (United Arab Emirates) visa-related rules, queries, concerns, and applications. So far, Dubai has a separate portal only that allows you to check the UAE (United Arab Emirates) visa status online.
GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs) Dubai website:
How you can check UAE (United Arab Emirates) visa status using the GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs) web, living in Dubai.
- Visit the website link:
- Select the residency validity from the drop-down menu as the service you seek for your UAE (United Arab Emirates) visa enquiry.
- Then enter the residence file number using the year of issue, you can easily find the residence file number on the visa page in the passport.
- After, enter your first name, as per your passport, and select the gender.
- And specify your correct data of the birth in dd-mm-yy format.
- Enter the captcha code in the specified bar and click “submit”
All given details entered correctly, your visa validity details will appear in green, below the submission form, details will include your UAE visa expiry date, your name, your nationality, your gender, and your date of birth.
GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs) Dubai application:
GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs) Dubai launched an application for expats in the UAE (United Arab Emirates), you can also use its web or can download this GDRFA application online.
How can you use it to confirm your visa expiry date, Here are some steps that you need to follow.
- Open the application and select the first “services” label.
- And click on the Entry Permit or Residence Status and select the “Residency Inquiry”.
- And then enter your details such as visa code, your first name, your nationality, and your date of birth.
- Double-check your input and click on “Inquiry”.
If your entered or provided information is correct, then the page would display a green tick with the details of your visa, the details will include your full name, your UAE (United Arab Emirates) visa expiry date, type of the visa, and visa number, there is you don’t need to require to sign up to simply check your visa status.
It is obvious that you need to have your passport details for each of these methods to check United Arab Emirates (UAE) visa validity, but don’t carry this always with you, the smart way to go about it is to keep a scanned version of the passport in your mobile phone/ at least one photocopy of it in your wallet at all the times.
Using this way you can confirm your United Arab Emirates residence visa validity any time that you want. To check the status of a Dubai visit visa, the same process can be applied.
We hope that you find the information useful, remember it is important to renew the United Arab Emirates visa before it expires staying in the country even after the visa has expired will subject you to the applicable overstay in the UAE (United Arab Emirates).
Those wanting to leave the country, but they are unsure of legal consequences should check their travel ban status.