Your national driving license is translated into an International Driving Licence. The IDP permits drivers to drive in other nations. You must always carry your IDP as well as your national license. To get an International Driving License in the UAE, go to the Automobile and Touring Club of the UAE.
Details About International Driving License In UAE:
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has signed two United Nations treaties. Visitors must have a legitimate International Driving Permit (IDP) to rent a vehicle and lawfully drive in the Emirates. All travelers who intend to drive in the UAE must first get an IDP in their home country or place of residency.
The IDP, valid for one year, verifies that you have a valid driver’s license in your home country. It will cover you and your family in the case of an accident or car damage when driving overseas, as well as the loss of legal identity like a passport. The IDP is recognized worldwide and is accessible in ten different languages to help overcome language difficulties.
UAE nationals and residents who want to drive internationally must apply for an international driving permit with the Automobile and Touring Club of the UAE (ATCUAE).
The most important you need to do is fill out a form and submit a photocopy of the legal document.
- Uae residency
- UAE driving license
- United Emirate ID
You will like to know about heavy truck licence in UAE.
How Can I Get International Driving License In UAE?
If you are interested in an International Driving License, Dubai is an excellent option for those who travel overseas regularly for work or pleasure. Instead of looking for a taxi or calling a cab to travel from one location to another every time you wish to commute, you may cut to the chase and hire a car to navigate around the city. All you need is a current international driving permit.
An International Driving Permit (or International Driving Licence) is a document that contains an official translation of your national driver’s license. It is distributed by a global network of AIT/FIA organizations approved by their governments to issue IDPs. Most nations need visitors with an IDP to drive outside their own country.
An IDP offers you to drive in foreign nations without additional exams or applications. You must apply for an IDP before traveling within the same country that granted you a national driving license. IDP is a supplement to, not a replacement for, your national driving license. To drive in another country.
Can I Use My International Driving License In UAE?
Your Dubai driver’s license is valid across the UAE. You cannot drive in another country for work or vacation unless you obtain an international driving permit. Residents of Dubai who intend to drive outside the UAE must get an international driver’s license. Aside from allowing you to drive in another country, an international driver’s license provides extra benefits, such as:
- Serving as an additional identity document.
- Being proof that the possessor possesses a valid Dubai driving license
- Protect the holder and their family against unintentional car damage when traveling overseas.
- Because it is printed in 10 different languages, it helps to break down linguistic barriers between law enforcement and drivers: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Scandinavian, and Spanish.
How To Apply International Driving License In UAE?
Acquiring an overseas driving license in Dubai is far easier than obtaining a legal driving license in Dubai. You may obtain an international driving permit in Dubai online or in person at one of the authorized locations.
Documents for international driving license in UAE:
Dubai’s international driver’s license prerequisites include the following:
- The International Driving License (IDL) Application form copy of your current passport
- Two passport-sized photos
- A photocopy of your Emirates ID
- A copy of a current Dubai driving license
You may apply for IDL in Dubai online by visiting the ATCUAE website. Visit the ATCUAE International Driving License Application Portal for more information. Fill out the form with pertinent details.
- Please provide all essential paperwork (PDF or JPG format, not exceeding 2MB)
- Pay the costs (170 AED + VAT). Submit
The online foreign driving permit application procedure in Dubai takes 2 to 3 working days, followed by another two days for delivery. As a result, you should be able to obtain your international driving license in Dubai within five working days. You may apply for it using the MOI UAE app.
The manual approach is significantly faster than the online application. All you have to do is necessary paperwork and travel to the nearest branch or office of one of the following organizations:
- UAE Automobile and Touring Club (ATCUAE)
- ATCUAE affiliate members
- Offices of the RTA
- Post offices in the UAE
- Sheikh Zayed Road Dnata office (E11)
Submit the required papers and money, and your foreign driver’s license will be printed and delivered. The complete procedure will take between 30 minutes and an hour at most.
Kindly keep these things in Mind:
- In Dubai, you must get a valid driver’s license.
- To be qualified for the IDP in Dubai, you must have spent at least one year as a licensed Dubai driver.
- The license holder must be at the official office when applying for an international driver’s license.
- The foreign driving permit is valid for one year from the issue date.
- In Dubai, the IDL applies to automobiles, motorbikes, and buses (heavy and light)
- For residents, the international driver’s license is NOT a replacement for a Dubai driving license. It is only applicable to foreign countries.
International Driving License Can Drive In UAE:
Foreign visitors with an international driving license who intend to drive in Dubai should keep a few things in Mind.
- You can hire a car in Dubai if you have legally valid drivers and foreign driving licenses.
- If you have sought UAE nationality, your IDP in Dubai will be obsolete as soon as you receive your UAE resident visa. At that point, you will need to obtain a regular Dubai driving license.
That’s all we’ve got for you right now. We hope you found this article informative. The criteria and prerequisites for applying for an international driving license in Abu Dhabi are nearly identical to those in Dubai. Those who have relocated from the United States to the UAE can easily convert their US driving license to a UAE one rather than going through the complete licensing process. Knowing the most prevalent UAE traffic signs might also make your ride safer.
How to convert international driving license in UAE?
Many travelers visiting the UAE can hire a car using their native country’s driving license, while others can drive using an international driving license. A UAE driving license is essential for persons who want to live and work in the UAE for an extended period (recipients of a Residency Visa). Fortunately, the UAE provides a duplicate service for nationals of several countries; an applicant merely has to apply for a UAE license using their home country’s license. Yes, you can still drive in your native country.
The MOFA of the UAE has granted submissions from holders of driving licenses from the following countries:
1. The United Kingdom
2. America the Beautiful
19. Korea, South
21. the South African Republic
24. New Zealand’s
26. Hong Kong.
41. the Netherlands
How To Obtain International Driving License?
Each emirate has its licensing authority, although all UAE licenses are legitimate throughout the country. If you intend to convert your license to a UAE one and will do it in Dubai, the following papers will be required:
- A current, original driver’s license.
- Dubai has given me a valid resident visa.
- A completed license replacement form.
The eye exam is available at authorized optician outlets around the country.
Citizens and residents of the UAE who plan to drive in another country must apply for an International Driving Permit (IDP) while in the UAE. The International Driving Permit (IDP) is a United Nations convention and a legal requirement that permits motorists to lawfully drive their automobiles outside of the UAE without the need for additional exams and applications.
The license will be eligible for one year and requires the following documents:
- Form IDL
- a photocopy of your Emirates ID
- a copy of your passport and proof of residency
- a copy of a current UAE driving license
- Two photographs (passport size).