To apply for a Saudi driving license in UAE, you must undergo a laborious procedure involving a severe driving test. As a result, in certain countries, a Saudi driving license recognizing as an acceptable document for driving a car. We have presented a list of countries where the Saudi Driving License is valid in this post.
It is vital to note that we are not discussing the international driving license here. You may apply for an international driving license based on your Saudi driving license and drive in over 150 countries worldwide. In this post, we will only discuss countries where you may drive with just a Saudi driving license because it is recognizing as a genuine document.
We attempted to collect a list of countries where the Saudi Driving License is acceptable. However, I feel this list is incomplete. Only a few countries are listed online where you may drive with your valid Saudi driving license without obtaining an international driver’s license.
The UAE is at the ahead of the list of nations that allow anyone with a valid Saudi driving license to drive their automobiles. If you’ve ever gone to the UAE, you’ve probably seen a lot of cars with Saudi license plates.
All Saudi residents with valid driving licenses can drive in the UAE. On the other hand, Saudi nationals can obtain a UAE driving license using their Saudi driving license.
Can Saudi driving license used UAE?
Several nations recognize and recognize Saudi Arabian driving licenses. The Saudi driving license is valid across the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council).
Saudi Arabian driving licenses are recognized in several countries outside the GCC. These nations do not require an international driver’s license. These are the nations that recognize a Saudi driving license.
Unless you are a Saudi citizen, you cannot just switch your Saudi driving license to a UAE one. This was once a practice, but it didn’t repeat in 2007.
If you are a GCC national, you can only change your GCC driving license to a UAE (Saudi driving license if you are a Saudi national). However, I believe that for any other country with a Saudi driving license, this will expedite the procedure because you may immediately go for an evaluation. However, you must complete the entire course through a certified driving institute. You can also look at can foreigners get driving license in UAE.
Can UAE driving license be used in Saudi Arabia?
The P.S Department of the Ministry of Interior is the foremost driving regulatory authority in Saudi Arabia. In the Kingdom, the legal driving age is 18. However, it is not uncommon to see considerably younger children driving, particularly in rural regions. The legislation was also alternated in 2018 to enable women to drive lawfully, requiring the government to handle more license applications than ever before.
If you have a driving license from another Gulf nation, the EU, the US, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand, you can use it in Saudi Arabia. Likewise, you can legally drive in the Kingdom with an international driver’s license.
The one exception is that certain insurance companies may refuse to cover automobiles with these credentials, so do your homework. Similarly, to ensure you, certain automobile rental firms and dealerships may need you to have a Saudi license. As a result, before selecting a firm, always be sure to shop around.
Can I convert my Saudi driving license in UAE
If you wish to exchange your driver’s license from a recognized nation, you must start the procedure online and provide the necessary documents:
- Identification using a photograph of a current driver’s license
- Translation of a driver’s license
- Results of medical reports (affordably available at clinics that do driver’s license medical exams)
Unfortunately, ladies who do not have an Iqama cannot exchange their driving licenses (i.e., women dependent on their husbands or fathers). Once you done all of the important paperwork, you must proceed as follows:
- Create an Absher account using your ID number, phone number, and bank account details;
- Pay the licensing cost for the SR400;
- Click on appointments, then traffic, and finally arrange a meeting in the Electronic Services area. You will receive an SMS confirmation;
- Bring all your documentation to your allocated Traffic Office and take your practical driving test. Certain nationalities may be able to avoid this stage, but don’t count on it.
- Get your driver’s license!
If your country’s driving license is not accepted, the procedure for obtaining a valid license in Saudi Arabia is identical to that outlined above. You must still register online, provide documentation, and pass a test. Alternatively, if you do not know to drive and want to obtain a driver’s license, you must pass through the same process but must first enroll in a driving school to acquire driving theory and practice.
Can I use my Saudi driving license in UAE:
Driving in the Kingdom might be terrifying due to speedsters, automobile accidents, and inattentive drivers. However, by taking a few measures, you can ease your way onto the motorways and drive like an expert. First, wear your seat belt and utilize a car seat for children under ten. Furthermore, avoid driving in the far left lane unless you are willing to exceed the speed limit. Don’t text, phone, or otherwise divert your attention. Learn more about Saudi Arabia’s driving laws and punishments.
How To Get A Car In Saudi Arabia?
Many ex-pats buy cars in Saudi Arabia because of the country’s low petrol prices. If you want to buy something new, you can:
- Look into several showrooms and do a few test drives.
- Don’t be afraid to bargain or buy around a significant holiday; you could find fantastic prices.
- Once you’ve decided on a vehicle and a price, determine if the dealer handles the registration and insurance formalities.
Alternatively, if you intend to buy a used automobile, get it thoroughly examined, go on a long test drive, and buy it from a reputable dealer. Prepare to handle your registration and insurance paperwork.
How To Convert Your UAE License To Saudi Arabia?
You may convert your legal driving license from the UAE, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, or the United States to diving support from Saudi Arabia. You can only change your UAE license to Saudi Arabia if you do not intend to return to the UAE.
Procedure For Transfer:
The RTA permits certain nations’ license holders to transfer (or exchange) their valid license for a UAE license. Permits from the following countries are available for trade:
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
Some nations, such as Singapore, require English or Arabic translations of their home country’s driving licenses and pass a knowledge exam.
- A resident of the UAE
- Applicants must be 18 or older (if under 21, proof of parent’s permission is required).
- Applicants must have a valid driving license from one of the countries listed above or one less than one year old.
- Licenses must be issued to citizens of the country where they were registered.
- Greece, Canada, Japan, and South Korea consulates may require a driving license translation.
What To Sumit:
- Identifying information for residents.
- A copy and original of the passport with the residence visa.
- A copy and an original of your current driver’s license.
- RTA-approved opticians in Dubai offer eye test certificates for Dhs. 50–100.
- An official letter of consent from your sponsor.
- A fee of Dhs.410 is required for the application.
Follow these steps:
- The Office of Licensing for the RTA
- Get a driver’s license application from any RTA office.
- You must bring your documents and pay the application fee at the desk.
- Have your picture taken.
- You will receive your license within 5–10 minutes.